These safety tips provided by our hosts are as follows:-
'Crackers' get hold of your passwords by gaining access to email via the security question, or by guessing the password of an admin or gmod, or running a scanner to do the same. Follow these guidelines:-
1. ensure your email password security question is not obvious (don't have 'my favourite football team' then go talking about them non stop)
2. You may want to change your email address / provider (the cracker may still have access to the old one)
3. Use the 'Hide email' option (if you want members to contact you, use one of the free 'throwaway' emails for public view)
4. Make ANY passwords difficult (use upper and lower case letters, mixed with numbers)
5. Use different passwords for each account.
6. Use different email for your main Admin account(s), and don't make it public.
7. Don't let ANYONE know your passwords (if you make a note of them, keep them safe)
8. If you share a computer/ computer account, don't 'let the computer remember password'
9. Tell your main staff to do the same (2nd Admin, and G Mods)
10. Don't open links in PM's, unless you know EXACTLY what it is.
Carrie: Dear everyone,it appears MSC is not managing this forum. For support and info, please see mastocytosis.ca and/or groups on social media sites. I also highly recommend www.mastattack.org/ . My best wishes to everyone.
Sept 26, 2017 11:36:38 GMT -5
Rosy: This board dying makes me so sad! I've yet to find somewhere else that is as Nice and "community" orientated for Canadians.
Jun 30, 2018 19:52:06 GMT -5
Carrie: Hey Rosy, I’m sorry too. It couldn’t be helped due to health. Maybe reach out to Shawna via the main website at Mastocytosis.ca
Nov 29, 2018 21:41:50 GMT -5