Once you have registered to be a member, our forum server hosts will automatically send you an ACTIVATION CODE by email. The email will be from Proboards.com . The message which will display when you try to log in will say this:-
Activate Account Please enter your activation key in the form below to activate your account. If you did not receive your activation key, then you can verify or update your email address and have a new key sent to you by clicking here.
The activation key must be entered in order to access the boards.
This only happens when you login for the first time after registering. You will never have to repeat this activation process unless you change your email address.
If you don't see an email from Proboards.com with your activation key, check your SPAM folder.
NOTE: If you registered yourself using the Register button at top, you will still need to email us your registration particulars. Your registration will not be accepted until we approve it. Upon receipt of your email, and if you meet our forum requirements, we will be able approve your membership.
Additional problems with logging in are happening to some. Our forum has recently been upgraded with all new coding and formatting by our hosts Proboards.com There is a lot more coding for everything.
If you have trouble logging in and are a registered member, some issues we've identified follow, with suggested fixes:-
1. If you use script or ad blockers in your web browser, that may be the problem. To keep our forum free, Proboards.com displays ads. Please disable all ad and script blockers while visiting our forum. You can reactivate your ad and script blockers later.
2. Some web browsers are friendlier than others. Firefox in particular has a lot of add-ons which may interfere with functionality on some websites. If you normally use Firefox but can't seem to login with that browser, try a different one.
3. Clear your cache. Most browsers have settings so that your cache will clear when you close your browser. Try closing your browser, wait a few seconds, and reopen your browser and try logging in again.
4. Mac users who use Safari browsers report problems logging in. We weren't able to figure this one out (even with help of Proboards) so we suggest downloading Google Chrome browser and using that. It seems to resolve whatever the problem is.
5. There are known minor issues with some mobile access users. If you're having trouble using your smartphone to access the forum, we're not sure yet of any sure fire answers. Proboards is working on this as it is a known issue. All their forums (thousands worldwide) were updated with new coding in past 6 months. There are just some minor issues to fix and they don't know what they are until they are reported.
For Windows PC users, there is a nifty little free program called Ccleaner. It does a great job clearing your entire computer cache. You can set it to leave saved site passwords etc. when it cleans. On a PC, when exiting your browser, run Ccleaner and it will free up a lot of in use memory. Then when it's done, open your browser again. It takes less than a minute usually. (I've used Ccleaner on Windows XP, Vista and 8 systems for 10 years and found it worked great without causing any system problems. I've also tried this program on an Apple MacBook Pro and it seemed to work for that too however, my hard disk on that computer completely failed after a year so... maybe it's not a good idea for Macs ...I'm not sure.)
If you're concerned about how to work this cache cleaning etc., I use Firefox with AdBlock+ and NoScript. I simply disable AdBlock+ and for NoScript "Temporarily allow all permissions" immediately prior to logging in. When I log out, I immediately revoke all temporary permissions and reactivate all blockers. Then I close the browser, clear the computer cache with Ccleaner. When that's done, I reopen Firefox and continue online browsing. In 10 years, nobody has ever had a virus or other spam from using our forum without ads blocked so Proboards does a great job on safety of ads. If this is all way too much for you to process (we know how that feels! ) please don't hesitate to email us. We'll work through it with you and help resolve it. We also report anything we can't figure out to Proboards to get them involved. We usually get things sorted pretty fast. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie: Dear everyone,it appears MSC is not managing this forum. For support and info, please see mastocytosis.ca and/or groups on social media sites. I also highly recommend www.mastattack.org/ . My best wishes to everyone.
Sept 26, 2017 11:36:38 GMT -5
Rosy: This board dying makes me so sad! I've yet to find somewhere else that is as Nice and "community" orientated for Canadians.
Jun 30, 2018 19:52:06 GMT -5
Carrie: Hey Rosy, I’m sorry too. It couldn’t be helped due to health. Maybe reach out to Shawna via the main website at Mastocytosis.ca
Nov 29, 2018 21:41:50 GMT -5