Proboards is an excellent host. In 9 years, there have been only 3 times I think where we couldn't access the forum and it lasted less than 24 hours.
Starting April 30, 2012, Proboards forum users worldwide have been reporting their forum is down or inaccessible. Proboards is working on this. I have total respect for them and all they do. And they let us keep this forum free which is exceptional in today's world.
So if you're trying to log in and getting a blank page or weird coding or similar....it's a known problem and they're working on it.
IN OTHER NEWS, Proboards is advancing with today's social media times and at some point in 2012, all forums will slowly be upgraded to reflect the new spiffy coding. You can view an example of what this forum will look like in appearance here at their beta version:- v5.proboards.com/
I spent many ... many....hours setting coding and now, it's all gone. I'm starting over. So the colours will slightly change and I had a lot more smileys added, easier reading features etc. which I have to set up again.
Let me know if you're having any issues with access or using the forum. I don't want to put it into maintenance mode to make these changes but not sure if it will disrupt your use of the forum while i'm working on the details behind the scenes.
ETA: If you click on your name or your Profile (see in banner at top for 'Profile'), you can create your own avatar....
I've contacted Proboards about a few coding issues and concerns. Just waiting on their instruction. Wanted to let you all know about a few significant changes to forums, which we no longer have control over.
1. Due to privacy laws worldwide, Proboards removed the social media auto login option on this new forum coding. However, in your profile, you are each able to link to your various personal social media sites by hyperlink. This lets other members here know how to find you elsewhere on the web if you're interested in that function.
2. Despite the enabled link to social media sites in your profile, we're hoping that our forum privacy structure still prevents posts here being shared elsewhere. We're pretty sure it's set safely but just confirming with Proboards. I want to mention this in case you're wondering how to link your social media sites and how that works. Due to privacy issues, Proboards has this restricted more than the previous coding for forums. FYI
3. Member account profiles are locked hidden unless logged in. This way, nobody can see who you are or get any info about you without being a registered participant here.
4. List of all members is no longer visible. We have no way around this one. It's probably preferred by most of you anyhow. What this means for us at MSC is we no longer have any way of knowing your email address or your location unless you post it on the forum. We're able to email you individually, but your email address is not made available to us at MSC. Unless you email us during registration process of course.
5. If you need or want to change your email or basic secure account settings, click on the little graphics in bottom right of your screen. There's a wheel thing there...click on that to see your account settings and make any changes For everything else, click on your Profile link in title bar at very top under our forum name banner.
6. If you have your profile set to be 'Invisible', none of your visits to the forum are counted, shown, or logged. This is fine but for me being Staff, it appears no staff are ever here. So I've switched my account back to Visible so you can see at bottom if i've logged in recently. The benefit of Invisible in the past was to ensure your account profile details were not visible to anyone who was not registered. With new coding, Proboards has wiped out those concerns. FYI
7. Guests number of visitors is simply (mostly) bots sent out by search engines. They are only able to see/read the threads which are visible to all (the GENERAL section only is visible to all whether logged in, registered, or not). They are not able to get into our forum to read anything else. So those high numbers of guests are just search engine bots checking our activity etc. as a forum in use overall.
8. I'm trying to resolve coding issue for posting in Visual vs. BBCode to set it as Visual for all by default. In the meantime, you are each able to set your posting preferences in your Profile to post in Visual mode by default.
I think that's it so far. Working on some other issues but that's coding stuff I need to know and you don't need to worry about
Carrie: Dear everyone,it appears MSC is not managing this forum. For support and info, please see mastocytosis.ca and/or groups on social media sites. I also highly recommend www.mastattack.org/ . My best wishes to everyone.
Sept 26, 2017 11:36:38 GMT -5
Rosy: This board dying makes me so sad! I've yet to find somewhere else that is as Nice and "community" orientated for Canadians.
Jun 30, 2018 19:52:06 GMT -5
Carrie: Hey Rosy, I’m sorry too. It couldn’t be helped due to health. Maybe reach out to Shawna via the main website at Mastocytosis.ca
Nov 29, 2018 21:41:50 GMT -5